Financial Assistance

Many programs offer graduate assistantships each year for students based on academic quality and experience in research.  Graduate assistantships are available each year in many of the departments and schools where advanced degrees are offered.  These graduate assistantships may be in the form of scholarship, tuition waiver, cash stipends for services performed, or a combination of those, depending upon each student’s program and department recommendations. Please contact your program director(s) for details on graduate assistantships or other forms of financial aid.

Research awards are available for departmental or contract research in some fields. From time to time, fellowships are offered in certain federally-supported programs in which University of the Pacific participates.

Graduate students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens may apply for federal student loans. For information, visit or contact the:

Financial Aid Office
University of the Pacific
Stockton, CA 95211
(209) 946-2421 or