Skip to Content

This is an archived copy of the 2020-21 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit

Financial Aid

The University maintains a substantial student financial assistance program that includes scholarships, grants, loans and job opportunities. Detailed financial aid information and application instructions are available at

Students who wish to be considered for academic merit-based scholarships are advised to complete the admission application process by the appropriate deadline or priority date. Students who seek other University scholarships, grants, work-study, or loans or whose parents wish to apply for a Federal Direct PLUS Loan must also file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and complete other application procedures as instructed by the Financial Aid Office. In addition, financial aid applicants who are legal residents of California and do not already have a bachelor’s degree are expected to apply for a Cal Grant. High schools and colleges have information about the Cal Grant programs and application procedures.

Students are advised to file the FAFSA electronically at the Federal Student Aid Web site. A worksheet and instructions may be downloaded from the Web site, or may be secured at a high school or college or from the University. The priority FAFSA filing date for entering Pacific students is January 15. Pacific awards financial aid to students who apply after the admission and financial aid priority dates; however, late awards may be less favorable.

A student must be approved for admission as a regular student to an eligible degree or certificate program before financial aid can be awarded. Students must enroll on at least a half-time basis to qualify for most financial aid and some awards require full-time enrollment. Aid is usually awarded for the entire school year, with the full-year amount divided equally among the semesters or trimesters of enrollment. Please note that financial aid eligibility is re-evaluated when a student completes pre-professional work and enters a professional program.

Financial aid at the University is available only to U.S. citizens, permanent residents and other eligible non-citizens.

When a financial aid recipient withdraws during a semester, the student’s financial aid is adjusted according to federal and state regulations and University policy. Details are available on the Financial Aid website under Student Consumer Information.

Academic Requirements

Federal regulations require the Financial Aid Office to ensure that financial aid recipients maintain acceptable academic standing and make satisfactory progress in their programs of study.

Students placed on academic probation may receive financial aid, but students who are academically disqualified are placed on financial aid disqualification. Financial aid recipients are also expected to complete satisfactorily at least 67% of all units attempted and to obtain their degrees within a specified maximum period of full-time study. Access to financial aid to pay for repeated courses is limited by federal regulations.

For further information, please refer to the Academic Probation and Disqualification Policy Statement in this catalog and the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy Statement available from the Financial Aid Office.

Educational Equity Programs: Community Involvement Program (CIP)


The Community Involvement Program (CIP) was established in 1969 by a group of students, community members, faculty and staff who wanted to provide educational opportunities to the local community. Since implementation of the scholarship program there have been over 1000 CIP Alumni. This program serves the educational needs of students who demonstrate low income and first generation college status.


The Community Involvement Program is limited to new incoming freshman or transfer students to the university. The review process for the scholarship places a substantial emphasis on the applicant’s educational and financial background. It also examines the applicant’s community involvement and awareness, maturity, and potential to contribute his/her time and energy to the Community Involvement Program.


  • Demonstration of financial need. Must be eligible for Cal and Pell Grants at the University of the Pacific, and meet the Free and Reduced Lunch income guidelines.
  • Clear demonstration of community involvement, volunteerism, and awareness of social issues prior to acceptance at the university.
  • Stockton resident (must have resided in Stockton, i.e. Census Tracks #1-38 boundaries) for the past three years. (Does not apply to transfer students from San Joaquin Delta College)
  • First generation college student (neither parent/guardian has earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university).
  • Accepted for admission at Pacific.
  • U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

For additional information, please contact:

Community Involvement Program
Bannister Hall, First Floor
Phone (209) 946-2436

Student Complaint Procedure Notice

The United States Department of Education requires institutions of higher education to publish and comply with policies regarding student complaints that address the school's program of education.

Any student at Pacific who wishes to bring a formal complaint to the administration regarding a significant problem that directly implicates a) University of the Pacific's program of education and its compliance with the WASC Standards; b) University of the Pacific's policies or protocols; or c) California state laws, should do the following:

  1. Submit the complaint in writing to the Vice President for Student Life. The complaint may be sent via email, U.S. Mail, facsimile, or in person to the Office of the Vice President for Student Life (Hand Hall).
  2. The complaint should describe in detail the behavior, program, process, or other matter that is at issue, and should explain how the matter directly implicates the student's program of education and the University's compliance with a specific, identified WASC Standards*, University policy/procedure, or state law.
  3. The complaint must contain the complaining student's name, student ID#, official Pacific email address, and current mailing address. This information will be kept confidential, but there must be an identifying name for a response to take place.

*WASC Standards found on the WASC website at:

When an administrator receives a student complaint that complies with the foregoing requirements, the following procedures shall be followed:

  1. The Vice President for Student Life will acknowledge the complaint within 3 business days of receipt. Acknowledgement may be made by email, U.S. Mail, or by personal delivery, at the option of the Vice President.
  2. Within 10 business days of acknowledgement of the complaint, the Vice President for Student Life, or the Vice President's designee, shall respond to the substance of the complaint, either in writing or in person, and shall indicate what steps are being taken by the University to address the complaint. If further investigation is needed, the complaining student shall, upon conclusion of the investigation, be provided with substantive response to the complaint within 10 business days after completion of the investigation.
  3. Any appeal regarding a decision on a complaint shall be brought before the President of the University. The decision of the President will be final. Any appeal must be brought within 10 business days from the date of the response by the Vice President for Student Life.
  4. A copy of the complaint and a summary of the process and resolution of the complaint shall be kept in the Office of the Vice President for Student Life for a period of 8 years from the date of final resolution of the complaint.

A complaint may also be pursued in the following manner(s):

  1. If your complaint concerns the institution's compliance with academic programs, academic quality and/or accrediting standards, you may submit your complaint to the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), University of the Pacific's accrediting agency, at
  2. If you believe that your complaint warrants further attention or is related to alleged violation of state law, you may contact the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education for review of a complaint. The bureau may be contacted at:

Most complaints made to media outlets or public figures, including members of the California legislature, Congress, the Governor, or individual Regents of University of the Pacific are referred to the Office of the President.

Nothing in this disclosure limits any right that the student may have to seek civil or criminal action to resolve the complaint.

University of the Pacific has provided this disclosure to you in compliance with the requirements of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, as regulated in CFR 34, Sections 600.9 (b) (3) and 668.43(b). If anything in this disclosure is out of date, please notify the Vice President for Student Life, 3601 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, CA 95211, 209.946.2365.