Skip to Content

This is an archived copy of the 2015-16 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit

Financial Assistance

Many programs offer graduate assistantships each year for students based on academic quality and experience in research.  Graduate assistantships are available each year in many of the departments and schools where advanced degrees are offered.  These graduate assistantships may be in the form of scholarship, tuition waiver, cash stipends for services performed, or a combination of those, depending upon each student’s program and department recommendations. Please contact your program director(s) for details on graduate assistantships or other forms of financial aid.

Application for assistantships should be made to the Office of Graduate Studies by the published deadlines for each program. Since it is necessary for all applicants to be admitted to graduate standing before appointments are made, all graduate admission application materials must also be completed and submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies by the published deadlines.  Please note that most awards are offered during the fall admission term, with limited availability during other admission terms.

Head resident positions in the Residential Life Program are available to graduate students; information and applications may be obtained from the Office of Student Life.

The Project Teach Scholarship Program, which reduces tuition by approximately one-third, is a unique Tuition Reduction Program that is available on a continuing basis only for graduate students admitted to and enrolled in credential or graduate degree programs in the Benerd School of Education. Interested candidates should contact the Dean's Office in the School of Education directly.

Research awards are available for departmental or contract research in some fields. From time to time, fellowships are offered in certain federally-supported programs in which University of the Pacific participates.

Graduate students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens may apply for federal student loans. For information, visit  or contact the:

Financial Aid Office
University of the Pacific
Stockton, CA 95211
(209) 946-2421 or