Skip to Content

This is an archived copy of the 2015-16 catalog. To access the most recent version of the catalog, please visit

Academic Regulations

All graduate students are urged to read these general regulations carefully. Failure to be familiar with this section does not excuse a student from the obligation to comply with all the described regulations.

Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this catalog, students are advised that the information contained in it is subject to change. The University reserves the right to modify or change the curriculum, admission standards, course content, degree requirements, regulations, tuition or fees at any time without prior notice. The information in this catalog is not to be regarded as creating a binding contract between the student and the school.

Academic Standing

All graduate students are expected to make satisfactory progress toward the academic degree for which they were admitted. Also, graduate students are required to maintain a cumulative minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher in all courses listed in their graduate program plan of study and in all courses taken as a graduate student.

Students in a credential-only program must maintain a GPA of 2.5 and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to clear their credential. Students in a basic teacher education credential only program who wish to do directed teaching in an internship must maintain a 3.0 GPA.

At the end of each semester a graduate student’s academic standing is determined to be one of the following:

  • good standing

  • good standing with warning

  • probation

  • subject to disqualification (temporary status)

  • disqualification.

The criteria for these academic standings are based upon a combination of cumulative Pacific GPA and the term GPA. Criteria for the different academic standings are outlined below:

Good Standing:

  • Term GPA of 3.0 or higher and a cumulative Pacific GPA of 3.0 or higher

Good Standing with Warning:

  • Term GPA below 3.0 and a cumulative Pacific GPA of 3.0 or higher


Any graduate student who has completed six (6) or more course units of study and has a Pacific cumulative GPA below 3.0 is placed on academic probation. Students on academic probation who fail to raise their Pacific cumulative grade point average to 3.0 at the end of the probationary semester are subject to disqualification from their Graduate program. Students who are subject to disqualification are reviewed by an appropriate committee and are either disqualified from further enrollment at the University or are allowed to continue for the next semester on probation.

If prior semester is Good Standing, or Good Standing with Warning

  • Term GPA below 3.0 and cumulative Pacific GPA is 3.0 or below

Subject to Disqualification (Temporary Status):

If prior semester is Probation:

  • Term GPA below 3.0 and cumulative Pacific GPA is 3.0 or below


Each school determines whether a student subject to disqualification will be disqualified. If they are not disqualified, the student subject to disqualification is then put on probation for the following term. If they are disqualified, a student is not allowed to register for further study at the University.

A student who has been disqualified may appeal immediately for reconsideration and possible reinstatement on probation, within the same school. A disqualified student who has been out of the university for one semester or more may apply for readmission to the university through the Office of Graduate Studies. If readmitted, such a student enters on probation and would need to make up the earlier deficiency in order to attain good academic standing.

Any graduate student who receives more than two C grades or lower will have their academic progress reviewed by the department and the Office of Graduate Studies and they may be dismissed from their Graduate program.

In addition to maintaining a 3.0 average, graduate students must make satisfactory progress in their degree programs. Students are expected to make continual progress toward completing course requirements and any required research, qualifying examinations, thesis or dissertation writing, and all other University or Departmental requirements. Failure to make satisfactory progress can result in dismissal from the Graduate program. Students who wish to appeal a disqualification must submit a written petition to the Dean of Research and Graduate Studies.

Other academic and non-academic reasons can result in a student's dismissal from a graduate program. Refer to the Honor Code in Tiger Lore, and any program-specific guidelines.

Classification of Graduate Students

Full: All students admitted with full graduate standing. Students are advanced from this classification to candidacy for advanced degrees upon formal notification from department.

Conditional Admission: Students may be admitted to some of the graduate programs on a conditional admission basis, with a cumulative GPA from 2.65 to 2.99 (on a 4.0 scale), provided they show evidence that they excel in graduate studies. Such evidence may include: (1) satisfactory scores on a GRE Test; (2) satisfactory work at another graduate school; or (3) outstanding professional experience that demonstrates the ability to handle academic work in the major area. They must earn grades of B or higher in all coursework and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in the first 12 credits they register for during the first two semesters at which time they may be listed as full standing graduate students. Failing to achieve this GPA will result in the dismissal of the student from Pacific.  See the Admission section of this catalog for additional information on this classification.

Credential: Students admitted to do post-baccalaureate work that leads toward an initial teaching credential, specialist instruction credential or services credential.

Clinical Competency

Many of the graduate programs offered at the University include experiential coursework. Prior to taking a course that includes an experiential component; students are required to demonstrate that they have the necessary skills, aptitude and competencies to successfully complete the course. Faculty of departments that offer experiential courses have the discretion of denying enrollment in these courses to students evaluated as not possessing the necessary clinical competencies. Procedures used to assess clinical competency vary across programs. Students may obtain additional information from their Graduate Program Director.

Students who do not demonstrate adequate clinical and experiential competency can be dismissed from a degree program, regardless of academic standing.

Course Loads

  • Full Time: 8 or more units a semester
  • Half Time: 7 to 4 units a semester
  • Less than Half Time: 3 to 1 units a semester

Standard registration loads:

  • Master’s degree program: 16 units per year
  • Doctoral degree program: 12 units per year

Course overloads must be approved by the Graduate Program Director. 

Students with teaching or other assistantships should check with their department for specific guidelines concerning unit requirements. Conditionally admitted students are not eligible for assistantships.

Credit Limitations

All courses countable for graduate degree credit must be either specifically graduate degree courses (200 or 300 level) or, where allowable, advanced undergraduate courses (100 level). NO coursework under the 100 level may be used for graduate credit. In those departments where courses are shown double-listed (e.g. BIOL 147 /BIOL 247 ), graduate students ordinarily register for graduate credit (e.g. BIOL 247 ). If attending the undergraduate section, graduate students are required to perform extra work at the graduate level beyond that required for undergraduates.

Courses not applicable in graduate degrees:

  • Lower division undergraduate courses (001-099)

  • Courses in which a grade of C- or lower were received. Courses that receive a C- or lower must be repeated

  • Extension courses

  • Courses for the improvement of English language skills of foreign students’

  • Directed teaching or prerequisite courses for directed teaching except for the Master of Education degree or the Master of Arts in Special Education degree.

  • Physical education activity courses.

  • Unclassified Status: No more than 12 units, no matter when they are earned, can be transferred from an “Unclassified” transcript into a graduate program

Double-Listed Courses

In order to differentiate graduate and undergraduate responsibilities in double-listed courses (100/200 levels), there must be specifically contracted additional work for the graduate courses.

Grade Point Average/Grading Policy

The Pacific grade point average is determined by adding the total quality points and by dividing the resultant sum by the total number of quality hours. As a general rule, the ratio is based on the number of letter graded units completed; e.g., if a student repeats a course both courses are considered in the grade point average.

Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above in all work taken as a graduate student at the University of the Pacific. A student at the graduate level may receive only two C grades during their work towards a degree. Grades below a C are unacceptable for courses in a graduate program. (See Academic Standing in section above).

Letter grades are ordinarily assigned for graduate courses, unless otherwise approved by Academic Affairs.

Graduate students must receive a letter grade in any undergraduate course which is part of a course plan for a graduate degree, even though those classes (below 100 level) will not count towards their graduate degree. Petition for exception to this regulation must be approved by the Graduate Dean upon recommendation by the student’s advisor.

Grading Policies

Symbols and Definitions

Graduate students are assigned grades in keeping with the following provisions.

Symbol GPA Definition
IIncomplete work due to extenuating and hardship circumstances which prevent the completion of the work assigned within the regular time of the term. Each incomplete grade assigned must be accompanied with a contract statement agreed to by both instructor and student as to: a) What work remains to be completed, b) How it is to be evaluated, and c) A time indicated for completion within by no later than the following deadlines: for fall semester, by July 1 following; for spring semester, by November 1 following; for summer term, by January 1 following. If work is not completed within these stipulated times, the instructor can indicate a grade in lieu of the F/NC which automatically would be imposed with failure to complete the work. All incompletes must be made up before the last day of the semester in which the student intends to graduate.
Symbol GPA Definition
NDeferred grading for thesis, dissertation or research work.
NCNo credit recognition. Represents unsatisfactory work under pass/no credit option.
NGNo Grade Received from the Instructor. Please contact the instructor.
PPassing work on the pass/no credit system. Approved only for certain courses and program of a college or school. Note: Research for thesis or dissertation the department may determine whether letter grades or pass/no credit grades are to be given. In seminar or comparable courses, letter grades or pass/no credit may be used.
WAuthorized withdrawal from courses after the prescribed period.

Repeating of Courses and Grade Replacement Policy

For courses in which the grade earned is C- or lower, the units are counted in a student’s degree program, and -- if required for the degree -- must be repeated. Some departments or programs have established higher grading standards which must be met by students in those programs. All grades earned in courses taken as a graduate student at the University are counted in the cumulative GPA.

Only courses with grades of “C-” or lower can be repeated. Once a course is completed with a grade of C or higher, the graduate student cannot repeat that course or any prerequisites for the course. When a course is repeated, grades from both the original and repeated attempt appear in the official records and transcripts.  A course can only be repeated once. Grades are averaged when courses are repeated; thus, the Pacific grade point average does reflect the two grades averaged.

Acquisition of Graduate Credit as an Undergraduate

Undergraduates can open a graduate transcript (i.e., receive credit in graduate-level courses while an undergraduate) if they meet all of the following conditions. The undergraduate student must:

  • be within 9 units of completing the baccalaureate degree.
  • be in the last two semesters of the baccalaureate degree at University of the Pacific.
  • submit the completed Evaluation of Degree Requirements form to the Office of the Registrar prior to the last day to add classes. This must be submitted before or with the Graduate Credit as Undergraduate application. (This serves as permission by the undergraduate advisor for the student to take graduate-level coursework.
  • be admitted into a graduate or credential program and receive approval of the Application to Receive Graduate Credit as an Undergraduate Student by the Office of the Registrar before the last day to add classes of the last semester as an undergraduate.

Additional regulations for receiving graduate credit as an undergraduate are as follows:

  • Coursework will not count for graduate credit if the student fails to complete the baccalaureate degree by the second semester of taking graduate credit. 
  • Students who do not complete the baccalaureate degree by the second semester when graduate courses are taken will not be admitted into the graduate program and cannot take additional graduate course work until the baccalaureate degree has been awarded.
  • The total number of graduate credits for the semester cannot exceed the maximum graduate course load of the department providing graduate coursework. This includes coursework taken at other schools.
  • No more than 12 units (16 units for student teachers can be transferred from an undergraduate transcript into a graduate degree program.Graduate credit will only be granted for upper division (100 numbered) courses.
  • Undergraduate students cannot register in graduate-only courses (numbered 200 an above) unless this petition is approved by the Office of the Registrar prior to registration.
  • The tuition rate for the entire semester is at the undergraduate rate.
  • Units cannot be retroactively transferred from an undergraduate to a graduate program. (The approval must be obtained prior to the beginning of the last day to add classes of the last semester.)
  • Graduate courses completed under this agreement will not be recorded by the Registrar as graduate coursework until the baccalaureate degree has been completed and matriculation into the graduate program has commenced. Grades from these courses will not be counted in the undergraduate grade point average (unless the baccalaureate degree is not completed).
  • There is no guarantee that graduate units earned as an undergraduate will transfer to or be counted as post-baccalaureate units by other universities or school districts.
  • Students are not classified as graduate students until they register for courses and complete a term that begins after receiving the baccalaureate degree.

Transfer Credit

Work done in other regionally accredited institutions of higher education since completion of the baccalaureate is considered and evaluated, but not more than 6 of the required units may be transferred, and they must be regular on-campus advanced courses, countable by that institution toward its graduate degrees, and have been completed with a grade of B- or better. Some departments set higher standards and these are identified in individual program descriptions.

Grade points earned in those courses are not counted in the student’s Pacific grade point average.

Courses must be filed on the Request to Transfer Course Work Done In Other Institutions form and must be approved by the Director of the Graduate Programs and the Office of the Registrar.

Unclassified Graduate Students

Graduate Unclassified students may complete up to 12 units (16 units for student teachers) prior to being required to formally apply for admission to the university. Upon acceptance to the university, resident and transfer coursework are evaluated by school/department for applicability to degree.


Registration is the means by which an individual officially becomes a student at Pacific. Registrants are further identified by school/college of the University, degree status, classification and major.

All students must register by the last day to add or drop. Students are held accountable to complete every course for which they register. If it is necessary to add or drop a course, the student must complete the appropriate registration transaction by the last day such activity is allowed as published in the University Calendar .

After the add/drop deadline dates has passed (but prior to the end of the term) requests to add or drop courses must be made by special petition to the student’s respective school/college.

Requests to add or drop courses after the term must be made to the Academic Regulations Committee (ARC). In either case, petitions are normally approved only if it can be shown that the request is warranted due to some special situation or hardship. Courses which a student is allowed to drop after the deadline appear on the student’s transcript with the notation “W” but do not count in the units earned or in the calculation of the grade point average.

Any petitions approved after the deadline dates are subject to a service fee. Tuition and fee refunds are based on the date a withdraw form is initiated in the Office of the Registrar.

Continuous Registration

All graduate students in graduate degree or credential programs must satisfy the Continuous Registration Policy for each of the school terms defined for the student's program from admission until all degree requirements are met or their status as a degree or credential student is terminated. This includes students who are completing preliminary or final examinations, or presenting terminal projects; and applies to students regardless of location. If degree or credential requirements are completed between terms, the student must have been registered during the preceding term.

Continuous registration is intended for students who have completed all of their required coursework. The Continuous Registration Policy can be met by registering for GRAD 200 (through Inside Pacific ) at least one semester per academic year (Fall or Spring, except for MAIR students who must register for either Spring or Summer).

There is no limit to the number of times a student can sign up for GRAD 200; however, Pacific’s years-to-degree policy must be met.

Students enrolled in may utilize library facilities, but are not entitled to: 1.) the use of other University facilities; 2.) receive a fellowship, assistantship, or financial aid; or, 3.) take course work of any kind at the University of the Pacific.  Students should also be aware that registration in Grad 200 may cause existing student loans to come due.

Failure to Meet Continuous Registration Requirements

A graduate student who fails to meet the continuous registration requirements and has a break in registration will be inactivated. Students in good academic standing who were inactivated from a program may petition for readmission by the program and Graduate Studies by submitting a $50 reinstatement fee and the Petition for Readmission  by the posted deadlines.

After 12 months or more of being inactivated, students who wish to re-enter a program must complete an entirely new application process with the appropriate fees and documentation.  A decision to readmit a former student are to include a statement by the admitting degree program of which courses previously taken can be applied to the new program of study.

Registration - Individualized Study

To register for an Individualized Study (Independent Study course, Internships, or Practicum) obtain and submit an approved Individualized Study Request form to the Office of the Registrar. Students and faculty complete a written contract that specifies the nature of the work to be undertaken and the method of evaluation. The individualized study form must have proper approval within the unit and be filed with the Office of the Registrar. Independent study courses may not be taken in the same term that a regular course is offered in that subject.

Requirements for the Master’s degree

  1. The requirements of a candidate for these degrees in any semester or summer session must be approved by the chair of the major department as to courses and amount of load.
  2. The candidate must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 or above in all work taken as a graduate student, either at the University of the Pacific or any other institution. See the Grading Policy section and or Academic Standing.
  3. Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 30 or 32 units of (graduate) work, depending on requirements of program.
  4. The passing of a department examination that covers the major field (date to be fixed by department chair) where applicable.

(See department section for more information).

Requirements for the Doctor of Education Degree

  1. There must be the equivalent of at least three years of successful graduate study in accredited colleges and universities, including at least two full years of work at the University.
  2. Students must fulfill the doctoral residency requirement. Advancement to Doctoral Candidacy, for students admitted after Spring 2008, is dependent upon full admission to the EdD program, satisfactory completion of a program of study, and successful completion of Applied Inquiry III.
  3. Approval of the dissertation, which includes a final oral examination to determine to the satisfaction of the candidate’s committee whether the stage of scholarly advancement and research ability demanded for final recommendation for the doctorate has been reached.
  4. All requirements for the Doctor of Education degree must be completed within five years from the date of advancement to Doctoral Candidacy and within nine years after the first day of the semester of enrollment in EdD coursework at Pacific following admission to the EdD program.

Advanced students interested in applying for the Doctor of Education program should consult the department chair of the proposed major.

(See department section for more information).

Requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy Degree

Course of Study: The course of study to be pursued for the PhD degree is arranged with students by their advisor. Work in other departments is planned according to the needs of the individual student. See department section for further information.

Grade Point Average: Expected to complete work with at least a 3.0 GPA in all courses. Students judged by their major department to have unsatisfactory records are reviewed by the their department, which may take action to terminate their continuation.

Mastery of the field of study: Students must show competence in their discipline by means of qualifying examinations or scholarly papers before advancement to candidacy for the degree (requirements vary by degree program at least one year prior to the date on which degree candidates expect to present themselves for the degree).

Admission to Candidacy: Students when they have completed satisfactorily the following requirements: at least 45 credit hours or course equivalents beyond the bachelor’s degree; satisfied the language/research skills requirement; completed the qualifying examinations or scholarly papers; and received formal approval for admission to candidacy by the student’s advisory committee and major department.

Presentation of an acceptable Dissertation: In order to be acceptable, the doctoral dissertation must be (1) a significant contribution to the advancement of knowledge or (2) a work of original and primary research.

Passing of a final oral examination: When the dissertation is completed, candidates present themselves for the final examination to an examining committee which consists of the candidate’s advisor (who shall act as chair) and such other examiners as the advisor shall approve. Members outside of the University of the Pacific will require approval by Graduate Studies. The committee does include at least one person who is not a member of the department directly concerned.

The examination is oral and deals intensively with the field of specialization in which the candidate’s dissertation falls, though it need not be confined to the subject matter of the dissertation. In order to be considered satisfactory, the report of the examining committee must be unanimously favorable.

(See department section for more information).

Residence and Time Limits

The period of residence involves students in a total commitment to their graduate program.

Completion of a minimum of one academic year of “residence work”: i.e., the candidate must be registered for at least 4 units per semester for two semesters. Two summer sessions of at least 4 units each are considered the equivalent of one-half year of residence.

All requirements for a master’s degree must be completed within a period of not more than seven years. Students who fail to meet all requirements within this period have to reapply to the program.

All requirements for the Doctor of Education degree must be completed within five years from the date of advancement to Doctoral Candidacy and within nine years after the first day of the semester of enrollment in EdD coursework at Pacific following Provisional Admission to the EdD program.

All requirements for the PhD degree must be completed within seven years from the date of entrance into the degree program at this University, and within three years from the date of advancement to candidacy.

A student who works for the PhD degree is required to spend at least three years of work devoted only to graduate study and investigation under proper supervision—or the equivalent thereof in part-time work—for the completion of the residence requirement. If part-time work is done elsewhere other than at the University of the Pacific, such work is subject to the approval of the Committee on Graduate Studies. At least 30 units, in addition to the dissertation, must be completed at this University.

In the PhD program in Pharmaceutical and Chemical Sciences, two consecutive semesters of residence are required after the master’s degree or after one year of graduate work when the master’s degree is not taken. A minimum of 9 units or two courses of work must be taken during each semester of residence. In the PhD program in School Psychology, the residency requirements can be met by taking 18 units of coursework within 12 calendar months.

Courses taken ten or more years prior to the comprehensive examination (PhD program) or final examination (Masters Programs) do not apply towards the graduate degree and must be repeated to satisfy the degree requirements. Requests for variances are made to and evaluated by the major department, which subsequently recommends to the Office of Graduate Studies what credit for previous coursework should be permitted. Final approval is granted by the Dean of Research and Graduate Studies.

To readmit to a program, a student must have attained an average grade of 3.0 both in the major department and in all work taken as a graduate student. A student must submit a readmit application and be accepted into a Graduate program and work with their current advisor to outline remaining requirements. This new program must be completed within a period of four years. No further extension is permitted.

Thesis or Dissertation Committee

This section outlines the general Graduate Studies  requirements for thesis or dissertation committees. Units and colleges may adopt additional program-specific criteria and guidelines.

Thesis or dissertation chair: Faculty must hold a degree equivalent to the degree being sought or have demonstrated expertise to serve as a thesis or dissertation chair. Faculty members without supervisory experience must serve for at least one year as a cochair with an experienced advisor before they may be recommended to independently supervise thesis or dissertation research. Exceptions to this policy must be approved by the college or school dean.

Thesis or dissertation committee: The Thesis or Dissertation Committee is composed of a Chair and a minimum of 1 (thesis) or 2 (dissertation) other committee members. The number of committee members depends on the degree objective. All members of the committee must hold degrees equivalent to the degree being sought or have demonstrated expertise. The committee member(s) may be selected from within the student’s school or college, from another school or college, or from another institution or organization with recognized expertise in the field or industry.

It is recommended that the committee be formed after a student selects a chair for his/her research and the faculty member agrees to chair. The student, in consultation with the chair, is responsible for contacting potential members of the committee, inviting members to serve, and completing the Masters’ Thesis Committee form or the Doctoral Dissertation Committee form. Upon the approval of thesis or dissertation advisor, department chair, and college or school dean, the form will be forwarded to the Graduate Studies.  Committee members from outside the University of the Pacific must be approved by Graduate Studies.

The responsibilities of the thesis or dissertation committee members are:

1) Providing the student with guidance in his/her thesis or dissertation research, and

2) Monitoring the student’s research progress of his/her thesis or dissertation research.

In order to fulfill the above responsibilities, the committee may hold at least one meeting prior to a thesis or dissertation defense for the thesis or dissertation proposal presentation. Subsequent meeting(s) may be held for progress reports.

Thesis and Dissertations

The Office of Graduate Studies makes available to faculty and graduate degree candidates instructions for the preparation of theses and dissertations. The instructions are to be applied to all theses and dissertations submitted at University of the Pacific. Theses and dissertations must be submitted by the deadline dates published in the Academic calendar.

Graduate programs have specific courses that must be taken for work on a thesis or dissertation.  These courses are numbered 299 (Master’s Thesis) and 399 (Dissertation), the grade is given on a Pass/No Credit basis.


Master’s degree students who are near completion of degree requirements can participate in the May commencement exercises under specific conditions. All of the following four conditions must be met before the Dean of Research and Graduate Studies can approve the petition.

  • A completed Petition to Participate in Graduation Ceremonies has been filed in the Office of Graduate Studies by the Spring semester deadline* for filing the Application for Graduation form. This petition must be signed by the student’s Advisor and Academic Dean (or Graduate Program Director if appropriate).
  • All degree requirements will be met before the end of the summer session of the same year. An approved plan of study that specifies all degree requirements will be completed in time and must be on file in the Office of Graduate Studies before the Spring semester deadline for filing the Application for Graduation form.*
  • The Masters degree oral examination which includes thesis defense or written examination (where applicable), will be successfully completed by the Spring semester deadline for Written/Oral Exam — Thesis/Dissertation Defense.**
  • The student is in good academic standing. On a case-by-case basis, special consideration is given for international students who complete degree requirements after the Fall semester of the same calendar year. Approved CAPP Evaluations must be on file by the Spring semester deadline* and the student must state they are unable to return to campus to participate in ceremonies in the Spring following degree completion.

Doctoral degree students are ineligible to participate in graduation ceremonies until all degree requirements are met and the final dissertation has been approved by the Graduate School.  However, on a case-by-case basis, special consideration will be given for international students and domestic doctoral students who will complete degree requirements by the end of the Fall semester of the same calendar year. Approved programs of study must be on file by the Spring semester deadline, and the student’s Graduate Program Director must also approve of the request.

This deadline is customarily December 1, but the Office of Graduate Studies or current Academic Calendar should be consulted to confirm the specific date.
This deadline is customarily in early April, but the Office of Graduate Studies or current Academic Calendar should be consulted to confirm the specific date.

Withdrawal from a Semester or the University

Students who intend to completely withdraw from a semester or from the university have to initiate the process in the Office of the Registrar. The withdrawal date used by Financial Aid for Return in the return of Title IV Aid calculation and the effective date used by Student Accounts for tuition refunds are based on the date of your notification to the Office of the Registrar. If a student intends to withdraw from a semester after the last day to withdraw, it must be approved by the Academic Regulations Committee. Courses the student was registered for after the last day to drop appear on that student’s transcript with the notation “W” but do not count in the units earned or in the calculation of the grade point average. If a student only withdraws from a semester, he/she has one more semester to keep his/her continuing active status. If the student has completely withdrawn from the University, he/she must submit a new application for admission, and file a request for Petition for Reinstatement Form (with a $50 fee) available on the Office of the Registrar web site. The deadline is August 1st for Fall admission or December 1st for Spring admissions.

An official withdrawal from the University is the termination of rights and privileges offered to currently enrolled students which includes, but not limited to, early registration.